Rent a 2019 Sheep!
Experience the warmth, comfort, and durability of a natural wool blanket from the wool of a flock that includes your own Dorset sheep, a beloved member of a shepherd’s cooperative.
- It all starts with the tender care we take of the sheep of your choice.
- Sheep are first sheared in April (they get a second shearing if their fleece gets too long).
- The pure virgin wool, nature’s premier fiber, is carefully washed -without the use of solvents, bleaches, moth-proofing or harsh chemicals- by skilled weavers.The wool is then carded, spun, woven, and napped into natural, custom-woven blankets. An heirloom that will be appreciated and enjoyed for generations.
- Our three progress reports will keep your recipient up-to-date on the tender care of their sheep, connecting them to the land and the flock.
- We do all the work and you get all the raves (while helping support America’s small family farms and craftsmen).
Add to cart
Treat a friend (or newlyweds) to the warmth and comfort of a natural, organic blanket made from their own sheep’s wool. After your gift recipient’s sheep is sheared the wool is rushed to the mill to be custom-woven into a pure, virgin wool blanket -made as nature intended with no compromise on quality, and without the use of any dyes or chemicals.
The perfectly natural way to stay warm.