Rent a 2017 Sheep!
Experience the warmth, comfort, and durability of a natural wool blanket from the wool of a flock that includes your own Dorset sheep, a beloved member of a shepherd’s cooperative.
- It all starts with the tender care we take of the sheep of your choice.
- Sheep are first sheared in April (they get a second shearing if their fleece gets too long).
- In the hands of skilled weavers and true craftsmen, the wool is carefully washed without the use of solvents, bleaches, moth-proofing or harsh chemicals that would interfere with the distinctive qualities of pure virgin wool (nature’s premier fiber).
- The un-dyed wool is then carded, spun, woven, and napped into natural, custom-woven blankets (of heirloom quality that will be appreciated and enjoyed for generations).
- Our three progress reports will keep your recipient up-to-date on the tender care of their sheep, connecting them to the land and the flock.
- We do all the work and you get all the raves (while helping support America’s small family farms and craftsmen).
Add to cart
Treat a friend (or newlyweds) to the warmth and comfort of a natural, organic blanket made from their own sheep's wool. After your gift recipient's sheep is sheared the wool is rushed to the mill to be custom-woven into a pure, virgin wool blanket -made as nature intended with no compromise on quality, and without the use of any dyes or chemicals.
The perfectly natural way to stay warm.